Pages

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Second Secret Pal 8 Questionnaire

Here is my second Secret Pal 8 Questionnaire. A special thanks goes out to our SP8 hostess Patty for sending it our way.

(I have knitting pics to post soon and more Thailand pics. Promise!)

1. What is your favorite season?

Spring, definitely spring. I love the promise that spring holds, how it's cold and unbearable one day and then warm and lovely the next. I love the first blooms, the tiny bursts of bright colors, the coat that doesn't know just yet whether to stay put or not.

2. Where is or would be your favorite place in the world to take a vacation?

I feel like a cultural heathen because I've never been to Europe, never even been to England. I think I would love to go anywhere on that side of the world. Countries that appeal to me are Italy, France, Spain and for some reason the city of Copenhagen--I think it's because of the mermaids.

3. If you could have any job in the world and not worry about finances (everything would be taken care of), which means you'd be doing something you actually like, what would it be?

I've always dreamed of having my own bed and breakfast in a lovely little corner of some lovely mountains, but then I don't think I would really enjoy cleaning up after anyone. Then I dreamed of raising sheep, but then I remembered that sheep poo and get sick and die and all that. I think I would like to sit at my desk and write. I think that's exactly what I would like to be able to do.

4. What is your favorite project to knit or crochet?

Oh, socks, definitely socks. I don't want to knit anything else! I used to look at patterns and think, oh, I have the right needles and yarn for that. And then I would make the project. But now, all I do is look at and dream about all that lovely, lovely sock yarn out there.

5. What is your favorite food - whether it be a main dish, dessert, snack, whatever?

Oh my god. This is a difficult question. I love many, many different foods. But if I had to say just one thing, I would have to say my mother's Thai beef salad. Other things I love: Cape Cod brand sea salt and vinegar chips, custard, rare steak, oxtail, bolonaise and pasta, mussels in white-wine sauce, Thai noodle soup, carbonara and pasta, lamb chops with rosemary, and I could go on and on really.

6. What is your favorite way to relax and unwind?

Well, I hate to say it, but knitting is the answer to this one. And I also like cleaning. I know it seems weird, but cleaning makes me feel less anxious and this is probably why I was a nervous wreck when I was studying for my orals--I had no time to clean.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Cleaning doesn't seem weird at all. That's my favorite thing to do after a big deadline or project. I'm amazed at how disgusting I let the place get! If you have to cut out something during times of stress, definitely choose cleaning rather than knitting.

Loving all the bits of Thailand we're getting. Be sure to save some pictures to brighten up the dreary days of February.