Pages

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Boyfriends are funny things: MANFEET sock one done


This weekend, I finished MANFEET sock one. I bound it off on a needle one size larger than the ones I was using. I bound off loosely even, but the bind-off is still a bit tight. Luckily, my MANFEET boyfriend was able to still pull it over his huge MANFEET. (Next time, I'll bind off with a needle three times larger.)

Boys must sweat a lot. When I asked boyfriend to try the sock on, he had just finished working out. I got the sock back in a very damp condition. And just now, when I asked him to merely pose with the sock on, the sock also came back in a very damp condition. He wasn't working out this time.

Boyfriends are funny things: they don't like to sock-pose. They like having socks made for them, but they do not like to sock pose.

This post will be kept short as I have much to do before tomorrow. I keep feeling so scared and nervous. I feel as if I'm doing the wrong thing. And just now, I was on the phone with my folks in Texas and I told them, and I'm afraid that I made my father afraid and so, of course, I'm feeling bad about that now.

Thank you guys so much for your support and encouragement. I really need it. I'm getting the jitters and I keep thinking about all the things that can go wrong. I think that telling my parents was something I shouldn't have put off. Telling them made it seem real, and now that it's real it's very very scary.

The eye center is very smart to make patients put a deposit down--it's harder to back out when you know you've spent the money already.

Anyhow, this will be the last post until my eyes are well enough for computer use. I probably won't be able to read your blogs and comment either. Very sad days ahead!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I'll be thinking of you and your jitters. Will it help to think of those glorious days where you can lie in bed all day and let the owner of the MANFEET spoil you? Be sure to sigh a lot, ask for special tea to be brewed and generally be pampered... since you are, after all, going to have surgery and you have been working on a sock prior to your big day. Maybe he can even bring you one of those lavendar eye masks so you can rest in true luxury!

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Your boyfriend certainly seems to have killer calves, LK. You should be proud. - Love, Ray.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I had Lasik (not Lasek) and it was a weird experience for a mzimum of 5 minutes...and then your eyes are just sore for about 4 days. BUt you are going to LOVE the results, totally 100% worth it. I love waking up and being able to immediately see and being able to see while I'm swimming. Vanity thy name is...
BTW, I lost the ball band of the koigu you asked about but I'm still looking! Your Manfeet look great, I love the simplicity of the design and the striking color choice. Have a great semester, ours is beginning now as well...

Anonymous said...

Lovely... er... handsome sock!

Best Wishes on the Lasek! We'll miss you till you can return to us in blogland!!

Anonymous said...

Boyfriends are funny things..........they have a huge tendency to lose one sock in the washing machine. Love thosse gams, I'm anxious to see a shot of the finished set. Happy your surgery went well, you're a lot braver than I am.