Pages

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Oh no!


I was only intending to buy some needles for my Secret Pal. Honestly. I don't know why I bought more sock yarn. And I don't know why I bought sock yarn that I wasn't even wanting really. I guess I felt a little freer after turning in my grades and realizing that I now officially have the summer before me to read and write and knit. And I did realize that whenever I saw Trekking socks I always thought to myself, Well now, those look fun to knit.

But there's so many sock yarns and so little time. When I realize the possibilities and behold my mortality, I become a bit saddened; however, it makes me realize that we should always, always knit with the yarn that we most want to be knitting with and I'm sure that it's only a matter of time before I tell myself that this Trekking is the yarn that I want to be using.

I don't know why I stocked up on the same types of yarn when KnitPicks was having that huge clearance sale. Never again. Why, look at all these beauties and these beauties. I am so impulsive when it comes to my wants that I will desire something so deeply and suddenly and then it becomes not so much about using it as it is about having it.

For dinner tonight: roasted garlic and rosemary pototoes and salmon with a dill, garlic, lemon, almond and butter sauce.

1 comment:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

We're having the same dinner at out house tonight! (great minds think alike...or if you prefer, fools seldom differ!)
That trekking is very appealing for sure, I can see why it called your name. I completely agree with you about only knitting with yarn you want to be knitting with. I started my Jaywalkers yesterday, are you still game?