Here are the answers to my questionnaire:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I prefer yarns made from natural fibers. I'm not too picky about brands, because I haven't tried a lot of yarns and am always open to trying new yarns. Yarns that I have worked with that I like are Lamb's Pride, Lorna's Laces, KnitPicks, and Cascade. So any yarns that are similar are great. Although I've tried to work with acrylic or acrylic blends, I just don't enjoy it.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Well, some of my needles are in an glass vase. The others are in a mesh bag.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for two years now. I began in the spring of 2004. I think I might be somewhere between a beginner and intermediate. I think of sweater knitters as real knitters, but then again I knit socks and some knitters find that awe-inspiring. I guess what I'm saying is that I still have a lot to learn and a lot that I want to learn.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like lilac, vanilla, rose, gardenia, lavender, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, strawberry, apple, and peach.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I occasionally have a craving for things chocolatey and hazelnutty. I also like almond-chocolate things and brownies and cookies and walnuts.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I've had a life-long obsession with crafts, but now I'm focused just on knitting. I don't spin, but I dream about it. I have been fascinated by spinning, and it's certainly something I'd like to get into.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
My music tastes are quite varied. I like classical, folk, old indie, and well, mainly songs that are depressing and about love or trying to navigate one's twenties and stay sane. I think if you look at my music preferences until my blogger profile, that might be helpful. And yes, I can play MP3s.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite color is pink. I also like greens with blues, yellows with greens and blues, yellows with pinks, purple with blue. I've been dreaming about a chocolate, pink, cherry combo. I tend to not like true red or true blue, although I like shades of blue. I like bright colors and pastel colors. I just tend not to like true red I think. Many colors and color combos are likeable to me.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my boyfriend of four years. We don't have any pets.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I enjoy scarves and hats. I don't have any mittens, but I'm not adverse to them. I generally don't wear ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Right now my favorite thing to knit is socks.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Right now I'm knitting socks...socks that I should have finished long ago.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like aluminum circular needles.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I just placed an order for a swift and winder. I hope they arrive soon!
17. How did you learn to knit?
I learned to knit using books and on-line instructions. I started with a knitting book for kids and then moved on to more adult instructions and techniques.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
My oldest UFO is probably 1 year old. I think I'm going to frog it--it's a scarf I started way before I knew that you could slip the first stitch purlwise to avoid those little bumps on the side...it's a wonder that no one warns you about this in bold print in every book!
19. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. For me, it means I get to see my family and stay in my childhood bedroom for a few weeks.
20. Is there anything that you collect?
I collect dolls from the 70s and 80s that I played with. I also collect rare and strange books on many subjects. My boyfriend says that I collect yarn. Ha ha! I also collect images of nymphs.
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Well, I have been dreaming about the new Mason-Dixon Knitting book, but other than that, I haven't really thought of books but do like to read them and look at the patterns. I don't own very many knitting books. As far as yarns go, I've been interested in Cherry Tree Hill, Fleece Artist, and Opal yarns. I haven't tried those yarns but have read and seen great things about them. I think I have a subscription to Knit.1, but haven't received my first issue yet....so we'll see how that goes.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I think I'd like to learn how to knit a sweater and block and seam and finish it. That's what you do to a sweater right?
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am indeed a sock knitter, and my foot is a size 7.5, about 9 inches from heel to toe.
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
Well, these certainly weren't easy questions. But I want my Secret Pal to know that I'm not very picky at all, and since I've been knitting for only a couple of years, anything will be new and lovable to me!