Pages

Thursday, May 11, 2006

After all this studying, something simple


At 6:00 my brain official shut off. I can no more digest any more thoughts about Victorian architecture and classicism or ideas about radical form and content in contemporary essays than I can clean the mess that's become of my apartment these past few weeks. So, I promised myself that tonight, as a treat, I could knit something simple. Of course, I had to clean my living room before I could think of knitting anything.

Here are two skeins of Lily Sugar 'n Cream in Playtime and Summer Splash. I've seen knitters have fun making dishclothes with this yarn, so I couldn't resist when I put in my order for a ballwinder and swift from Joann.com, using, of course, a 50% off one item code. After I finish my oral exam, I'll be able to play with the ballwinder and swift and drink some champange (if I pass), of course.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Charles Dickens once wrote, "There is nothing so strong or safe in an emergency of life as the simple truth." I know nothing seems simple right now, but when you're feeling overwhelmed in the exam, try to come back to the simple things about why you love the books. The best advice I got before the exam was that I knew a lot more than I thought I did if I could just relax and let it out. Just wanted to know that I was cheering for you from across the state. And if you need to vent, your sock trainer pal completely understands. You can do it, you can do it! Go Lone Knitter, brilliant scholar extraordinaire!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes, I agree with Leslie, you already know it all, it's all about (self) presentation and having the confidence to be calm in the situation. The dish clothes are the perfect antidote to intense reading and thinking, have you seen the cool ones in the Mason=Dixon book? Good luck!