Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Hardly any time to knit...




The Lone Knitter has been so busy lately, leaving little time to knit. I've been so deep into my studies of French verbs and those books on my orals lists that I keep sighing the hours away, all the hours away from my house cleaning and sock knitting. I was also out of town for a few days to give a reading from a new little book of mine that just came out. (In the book, I mention how, more than anything, I would much rather be knitting.)

I promised a post of 70s things a while back, and I do apologize for the terrible photography. There is only so much my 3.2 megapixel can do. But here, you can see some beautiful kitchen things from the 1970s. A pitcher, a teapot, a creamer, a sugar bowl, a dessert plate, and teacup and saucer all on a Formica table from the 70s. There is also a cheese board to this set that isn't pictured. When I first moved into this apartment, I found that many folks wanted to give things away--things that were dispensable were things from the 70s.

Doesn't the KnitPicks sock garden in the daffodil colorway seem to absolutely belong?

I love the yellow-green-orange color combo in things. It reminds me of all things from my childhood: our kitchen, our carpets, the crocheted things my mother made, the clothes we wore, and the colors of Ernie's (from Sesame Street) shirts.

I can't wait to knit a pair of socks that seems to envelope my childhood as well as my feet.

No comments: