Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2006

A Sock Continuing; My First Addies

Last night, instead of working on my syllabus and reading for my exams, I indulged in one of my favorite guilty pleasures: knitting while watching reality tv. The second Basic Stockinette sock is in the works.

Today, I had to go to the library to return a way over-due book and check out some others, and well, the yarn store is so close and I didn't really need any yarn but I thought I would just drop in to see if there was anything new or anything I could send my sister, to whom I just taught knitting. I didn't see anything that I really needed, although I wanted lots of things. I really shouldn't have, but I picked up these:




I'm so excited. My very first Addi needles! I've noticed that seasoned knitters always use these for their projects and I feel as if my stitches are regular enough now and my commitment to knitting serious enough that I can take the supposed swiftness of these needles and their high price.

I've been making swatches for a sweater that I'm dying to make. It will be my first sweater. I'll be swatching with these needles tonight. But, alas, I've made a bargain with myself: I must must must do some work on my syllabus and poetry manuscripts before I can knit.

P.S. I had to teach my blogging dictionary new words: "swatches," "stockinette," "Addi" and (gasp) "knitters."

No comments: