Pages

Friday, January 27, 2006

And When She Was Bad


I had a really hard time keeping my money in my wallet these past few days. It all began with this dream that I would teach myself the magic loop method to make socks, and so I had to go out and buy the 40" circulars. And then I had to get the magazine because I liked the sweater on the cover and thought it would be a good alternative to the Knit.1 sweater.

My biggest mistake was the dress I bought for way too much money. And, of course, instead of buying myself something to wrap around my shoulders, I had this dream that I would knit up a lace stole, and so I just had to buy the Whisper yarn. I don't believe I'll be able to finish a lace stole by 3 o'clock tomorrow, but I think I might try.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Hi, I found your site via the Knitting Olympics page. I'm also a PhD student in lit (Victorian) and making my first Magic Loop socks for the "competition." This may sound totally hokey, but I was wondering if you'd be interested in being "training partners" to help each other out in the sock making process. Thought it might be helpful to have someone else out there trying to wrangle that 40" needle into submission. If you're interested, leave me a comment on my blog: http://sfsaga.blgspot.com or send an email: ldgraff @ hotm@il.com.

By the way, gorgeous dress. Anthropologie? Love it!

Beverly said...

Love the dress. Get a picture of it on so we can see the whole thing!