Pages

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

New Personal Best


When Emily Hughes was asked if she was disappointed that she didn't receive a medal at the Olympics, she said she wasn't. She said that she was thrilled just to have a new personal best. I'm a little depressed that I didn't get one of those really cool KO medals, but I do have a new personal best. I'm so impressed that I'm almost done with these socks. I may be able to do the toe tonight if I finish packing early enough. (I'm going away for a few days.) I admire very much the grace and dignity with which the A.D.D. Knitter accepted the fact that, being an academic, perhaps spring break would be the best time to complete her KO project. And I'm so proud of my training partner Leslie for finishing her project. I can't decide if I want to do another pair of socks after these, or finish the stole I started. I do love making socks, and I want to make purty purty socks, so perhaps I'll make more socks. But then, I really do want to buy a spindle and start spinning...I think the A.D.D. Knitter's knitting A.D.D. may be rubbing off on me.

1 comment:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh no, the contagion has spead!!
I think that (almost) finishing a pair of socks (and having a day job and a relationship, etc.) in basically two weeks is very impressive indeed! Congrats!