Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Perhaps I Should Do the Noble Thing

and realize that maybe I really should throw in the towel. With tomorrow's KO deadline looming, I think it might be best if I realized that my second sock won't be realized in time. I have a birthday party at four and then tomorrow about 50 composition papers will be staring at me in addition to the mountain of books I'm supposed to be reading. Oh, yes, and there is a fellowship application I should be working on. The good news is that I managed to eliminate a gusset hole on one side of the sock by wrapping and turning before working the heel flap. The bad news is that I didn't know I should have also wrapped and turned at the other end of the heel flap. So one side of the gusset looks great, but the other side has not one but three holes! So, I'll probably be stitching up those holes when I finish this sock. I keep staring at my Lorna's Laces and promising that I'll be careful and make the best socks that I can. The distance that I have until closing this sock makes me feel as if I'm on a mountain of sighs.

1 comment:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

We're in a similar KO boat, aren't we? I loved your suggestion to ditch the Klaralund and go for the medal in baby socks. But apparently I'm a glutton for punishment!