Pages

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Happiness Is


...finally being able to see and feel your new yarn. I have never ordered from KnitPicks before, and of course, like everyone else, I was seduced by their low prices. Since I think I'm becoming more of a sock knitter than anything else, I decided to stock up on some sock yarn. In the back, you can see three skeins of the dye-your-own, the bluish stuff is Memories in "Morning Glory," the purplish is Sock Garden in "Hydrangea," the pinkish is Sock Garden in "Star Gazer Lily," and the other two balls are Dancing in "Tap." Also pictured are some Clover dpns, which are cheap, very cheap through KnitPicks.

The sock yarn, with the exception of the Dancing, is a bit thicker than the sock yarn I've been working with, and I have to admit that I'm a bit excited about this because as much as I love making socks, I have a secret desire to make them faster.

Just so you know, KnitPicks is discontinuing the Sock Garden colors. They are consolidating their hand-painted sock yarns under one line called "Memories." The "Morning Glory" colorway was spared, however, but still retains its "Sock Garden" label, at least for now.

I'm still searching for KoolAid packets to dye my yarn with. So far, I've only found orange and strawberry-lemonade. I'm going out of town this weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to find some other colors. I'm looking for a blue, black cherry, a yellow, and a red.

Hopefully my other KnitPicks sock yarn will arrive today or tomorrow before I leave. When I placed my initial order, I just thought the yarn was on sale, I didn't realize these colors were being discontinued. When I found that out I quickly placed another order for more Star Gazer Lily, Hydrangea, a color called Paper Doll, and Daffodil. Maybe I ordered others as well; I can't remember. I think they are discontinuing their Parade line as well. I want to order some, but I think I should go on a yarn diet for now.

1 comment:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yarn diet--perish the thought!! A woman had some Knit Picks sock yarn at our local library knitting group and it's gorgeous, and yes, speedier! Have fun...