Pages

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Secret Pal 8

I have always loved seeing, on various knitting blogs, the little goodies that people receive from their Secret Pals, but I never knew just how to get a Secret Pal and now I do and now it's time for sign-ups for Secret Pal 8, but I don't know if I should participate or not. I don't know really if I can justify the money that I probably wouldn't even spend on myself. But I guess the real value in it all, if you're a lone knitter like me, is feeling a part of a knitting community. I really do want, after all, to know that I'm not alone in my ooowwwinngg and awwwhhhinnggg over yarn. Sign ups run until April 30, so I guess I have some time to decide. There should be a Budget Secret Pal. Sigh. But I guess $20 a month isn't that bad, is it? (Perhaps I'm more conscious about spending my money after Leslie's post about resisting the temptation to buy more yarn just because it was on sale. What will power!)

2 comments:

Emma said...

I feel the same way about SP8. Especially because I already signed up for the One-Skein Exchange. Maybe I'll get on board with SP9.

schrodinger said...

I have been umming and ahhing about SP for the last couple of rounds, I think that this time I've decided to go for it - when I get home from work, of course.