Pages

Friday, February 17, 2006

It Looks Like a Sock...

so it must be a sock, I tell myself, but I'm not satisfied with this sock. Not in the least. I didn't take a picture of the side with the really huge gusset hole. I'm just going to pretend as if the huge, gaping gusset hole isn't there. Next time I'll remember to wrap and turn before working the heel flap. I was really impressed with Leslie's short-row heel and thought about giving it a go, but thought against it because I was really scared that I wouldn't be able to do it. I also really enjoy making heel flaps; I find them springy and bouncy and they hug the heel so nicely. But I do plan on eventually learning the short-row heel because it does look so pretty. I wanted so much to be able to cast on for my second sock tonight, but I've given myself a new goal: finish this sock tonight. It's Friday. I shouldn't be home knitting.

1 comment:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Very impressive!! I always get bored with the cuff and it ends up being too short. Who knew socks required so much patience? Your sock looks good and the gusset hole isn't noticeable...