Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Oh, my!

Brooklyn Pepermint

I've been gone a long time.

Well, I think that maybe some of you might have thought that I was done with knitting. Oh, no. I'm certainly not done with knitting. I don't know why I don't update my blog as often as I should. You see, I have all of these FOs and haven't shared any of them. I'll need several posts to show you the things I've made and spun lately.

In the photo above, you'll see the yarn that was sent out for the Woolly Boully One-Shot Sock Club in December. The colorway was Brooklyn Peppermint. I have a Brooklyn Candy and a Brooklyn Holly colorway, and, well, yes, I do miss Brooklyn.

I spoiled myself this past fall and joined Wooly Treasures' batt club. Here's my October batt:

Wooly Treasure fiber batt for October

And here it is all spun up:

metallic-thread plied and singles

I love spinning batts. They're so soft and fluffy and decadent. I love all the various fibers and colors and I do love the glitz.

Places I have been since you've read me last: Texas, New York City, New Jersey, Los Angeles, and Chicago. Chicago is all covered in glitz. When I woke up this morning, it was 2 degrees. I mean, the glitz here is in the form of icicles and snow and jack frost scrawlings on my windows. People don't know, but they should be envious of me and my handknit wool socks.

I want a fireplace. In the next place I live, I'll have that and a dishwasher. I want a dishwasher.

4 comments:

Angela said...

The Brooklyn Peppermint is divine, and the handspun? Perfection.

You totally deserve a dishwasher.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

So great to see the fabulous Jenny in the house!! Love that spinning action:)

Jane said...

I have Brooklyn Peppermint sitting on my work table where I can see it everyday and it is next in line for socks for me!

Marianne Penner said...

I just found you but if you would dye a skein or two of Brroklyn Peppermint, Brooklyn Candy, and Brooklyn Holly I would love to purchase it from you. I checked your etsy site but couldn't find any yarn for sale on there.