Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Prizes, prizes

Before I announce the prize winners, I just want to tell you all how generous and thoughtful you people are. I received A LOT of squares. I haven't counted them yet, but there are a lot. I also received some touching notes and cards that reminded me why I started this blanket drive in the first place: I wanted to help others work through their pain or memories or anxiety or feelings (good or bad) in a positive way, a way that would physically manifest into something that could comfort someone else. But most of all, I wanted, of course, to do this for Mom J and her sister Georgene. Thank you all so much. Mom J has been touched. I've been touched. Your generosity will touch the lives of others.

Here are the raffle winners:

Brittany Birch Knitting Needles, size 13 (donated by the Brittany Company; donation acquired by Mom J): Jody
Lane Borgosesia Merinos Extra Fine, 10 balls, pink (donated by Knit-a-Bit in Westfield, NJ; donation acquired by Mom J): Heather of the ADD Knitter
Too Cute!: Cotton Knits for Toddlers by Debby Ware (donated by Jody): LM Bartle
Yarn Caddy (donated by Knit-a-Bit; donation acquired by Mom J): Marylou B
Scheepjes sock yarn (donated by Leslie of the Silver Fork Saga): Jilian
Opal sock yarn (donated by the ADD Knitter): Senora Fuerte of Mommy! Look What I Made!
Knitting Journal (donated by Mom J): Michelle of All Things Crafted and her Aunt Sieka
Trekking XXL 126 (the grand prize?): Mims C

And because I was so taken by everyone's spirit of giving, I'm throwing in a couple of skeins of Woolly Boully yarn as a consolation prize.

The consolation winners are:

Jessica C.
Geri T.

Thank you everyone who participated. I promise to post pictures as soon as all the squares are sewed together. I love love all of you. Thank you.

5 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Congrats for running such a fantastic project. And thank you thank you!!! Please let me know how you want me to get the Opal to the winner, I'd be happy to send it to either you or her.

Tiger Lily said...

Congrats on finishing up the contest -- it's such a wonderful idea. Your blankets will keep many deserving people warm in more ways than one.

And I'd love to know sometime how you go about sewing the squares together, and to see pics of the blankets when they're done. I can't wait to see how you put the various combos together...

Your new colorways are stunning!! Hope you're well and that you, janed, and I can get together soon ;)

Senora Fuerte said...

Oh Boy!!! I can't wait. Thank you so much for running this square collection. I'm looking forward to seeing the blanket(s) put together, and I'm looking forward to checking the mail in the next couple of weeks.

JaneD said...

How exciting! I love winning things! Even better, I de-stashed so much yarn for all these squares and gave to a great cause. It was so rewarding to knit and crochet in memory of just two of the many loved ones lost to cancer--I can see why Mom J was so touched by everyone's knitting efforts!

I have my final three squares to give when I see you on Wednesday. Let me know if I can help when you finally get to making the squares into blankets. We could teach tiger lily the mattress stitch, etc! Or I could show you how to crochet them together!

Unknown said...

More thanks for running your collection. It will be great to see all the finished blankets (no pressure on all that seaming or anything)!

Also wanted to let you know that you were missed in CA. Still looking forward to actually meeting you rather than just hearing about you. I have a picture or two of Manly that will make you laugh so look for those in the next few days.